ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

5 posters

Members Meeting 11-04-10

Secretary

Members Meeting 11-04-10 Empty Members Meeting 11-04-10

Post by Secretary Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:09 am

Hi everyone,

I've made a few enquiries regarding teleconference number for our members meeting on 11th April.

Karen provided details of a company called allconference calls and I also checked with Telstra.

For either provider, I think it would be best if we booked a Toll free number (1800...) - that way our members call for free and ASSA picks up the tab. If we go with a local number, members are charged the cost of a local call but considering many of us live in regional or rural areas, then the cost to members would be an STD call - I don't think many will be happy with that!

The costs and number of callers is the biggest difference between the two providers. With allconference calls, we can book a call through them for 11c per minute per caller + 12c per minute per caller for a 1800 number (total 23c per minute per caller) but we can only have a maximum of 30 people.

If we use Telstra, the cost is 60.5c per minute per caller for a 1800 number but we can have up to 2000 callers (let's just say that's unlimited members for our little association!). If we chat for an hour, that's $36.30 that ASSA will be charged per caller - it could get expensive.

Can we therefore suggest that State Reps will have to help us out and organise a venue... We can probably accomodate a couple of extra callers but on the whole, it would be great to get people in one place. It also means we can book the cheaper provider.

I'll put a notice on the forum because we need to notify members but can I ask State Reps to get back to me say by Wednesday 31st March with venue details?

Or any other suggestions?...

Thanks everyone
    Cheers
    Kathy
    Snofall
    Snofall
    Admin

Members Meeting 11-04-10 Empty Re: Members Meeting 11-04-10

Post by Snofall Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:12 pm

What sort of venue would you be suggesting?
    Snofall
    Snofall
    Admin

Post by Snofall Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:13 pm

and why aren't we doing this by skype? which is free?
    Secretary

Post by Secretary Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi Soph,

It was discussed at the last NC (21 Feb) that it would be a teleconference so that we can avoid issues with Skype - people dropping out, hard to hear, etc.

Teleconference was suggested as a better option - Refer item 6.8 on the minutes of that meeting.

Open to suggestions on venue - could be someone's house if they're willing to open it up to members (eg similar to AGM), we can accomodate up to 30 lines to get the cheaper option so we could potentially have a couple of "centres" around each state, would the VCA allow us to book one of their rooms (assuming they have a phone in them...)

What do others think?
    Andrew Gersbach
    Andrew Gersbach

Post by Andrew Gersbach Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:13 pm

to be quite honest and pessimistic, I would suggest we will get the same old faithfuls attend. We have sorted out our Telstra issues and as shown in the past if we host the skype from here we generally have good lines. The only issue is that those at Karens house need to cuddle up a bit more around the microphone.

Happy to stay with Skype if others are and it will be tough to justify the expenditure to the knockers in our community.

Andrew
    kaiserwolf
    kaiserwolf

Post by kaiserwolf Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:01 pm

I think Skype is fine and I can do it in our office in Glebe, where member can attend.
    Level 3, 22 Bridge Road, Glebe

Cheers Klaus
    Rob
    Rob

Post by Rob Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 am

EIther or for me. I will advise other Qld members if they can gather in Twba. I will be in NSW that w/e but should be able to make the mtg.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:14 pm