ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

2 posters

WA and ASSA membership

Secretary

WA and ASSA membership Empty WA and ASSA membership

Post by Secretary Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi everyone,

During our last NC meeting, we agreed that we would continue "as is" this year for WASSA members and ASSA Affiliation membership.

Natasha and Patrick, this is probably more a question for you, but I'd like to ask the rest of the NC as well. You might have seen that membership forms have now been sent out for 2010. However, I haven't forwarded these forms to WA members. Can you please let me know what has happened in the past with membership forms for our WA members? Do they fill in 2 forms (one for WASSA and one for ASSA) or do they simply "tick a box" on WASSA form and ASSA automatically accepts their membership?

I don't want to send WA members the ASSA form if that's going to confuse them...

Appreciate any background information you can provide.
    Thanks
    Kathy
    pclohessy
    pclohessy

WA and ASSA membership Empty Re: WA and ASSA membership

Post by pclohessy Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:51 am

Hi Kathy

Last year WASSA members filled out a combined WASSA/ASSA membership form and then we scanned and emailed these to the NC.

This years form is available at http://www.wassa.com.au/docs/Membership%20Form%202010.pdf

Let me know if it's still okay to use one form or whether we should get our members to fill out a separate ASSA form as well.

- Patrick.
    Secretary

Post by Secretary Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for that information. At our NC meeting, we agreed that we would continue "as is" for this year but look at WASSA / ASSA memberships for next year and put a proposal forward before renewals are due again (2011).

Therefore, I won't send WASSA members an ASSA form because I don't want to double up and confuse people. However, could you please send me your membership list (once people renew) so that we have those people included for ASSA purposes.

Also, is part of their membership fee forwarded to ASSA (I think from memory it was $10 but not really sure). Have any of these fees been banked into ASSA account this year? If so, when? So that we can track our ASSA funds.

Thanks
    Kathy
    pclohessy
    pclohessy

Post by pclohessy Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:07 am

Kathy,

Part of their membership ($10 for an individual, $15 for a family) is forwarded to ASSA.

We don't usually see many renewals until closer to the start of the season so once we have the the first lot of renewals/new memberships then we'll forward the list of members and fees (via cheque) in bulk. Then another lot a few months into the season.

That is how we did it last year, is that still okay? If you would prefer a different process then let me know, I'm happy to do whatever is simplest and easiest for you.

- Patrick

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:47 pm