ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

3 posters

Handheld GPS Units

alaskybarney

Handheld GPS Units Empty Handheld GPS Units

Post by alaskybarney Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:41 pm

We are currently researching which handheld GPS Unit would be best out on the trails. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations of ones they have used it would be appreciated. So far we are looking at the Garmin brand but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    J.Greaves
    J.Greaves

Handheld GPS Units Empty Re: Handheld GPS Units

Post by J.Greaves Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 pm

I have used a few brands and i dont belive you can go past the garman for a gps, i work for d.s.e as a fire fighter and use one most days going into untracked bush and have had no problem.
    speedbacks
    speedbacks

Post by speedbacks Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm

We use a Garmin Forerunner 205. Friends of ours have 105 (or 102 not sure but that model anyway) & they have said that on occasion they have lost reception once or twice during a run. This made me decide to get the 205 which it states "improved reception for heavily wooded areas & tall buildings"
    We have found it an essential tool for our training runs & races. With the ability to compare every run against your last, it helps with selecting the better team/combination.
    The 205 is easier to use also with 2 buttons on the face where as the 105 has 4 or 5 on the bottom side of the face.
    Hopefully this has helped you.
    CLINT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:08 pm