ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

+2
Rob
Schusski
6 posters

Hello anyone out there

Schusski

Hello anyone out there Empty Hello anyone out there

Post by Schusski Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Come on everyone I cant be the only boof head that checks out this site surely you all can't be training all the time? If you are let me know what races you are doing and we will talk about the lack of conversation happening on the forum.
    Hows the survey going?
    Anybody planning any future sleddogs in the near future?
    Anybody got anything else to talk about if not it was worth the shot at getting people talking,

Wayne
    Rob
    Rob

Hello anyone out there Empty Re: Hello anyone out there

Post by Rob Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Hey Wayne,

You bored tonight? Nothing on the telly? Sick of those National Races DVD re-runs from last decade!
    I went training the team to Pechey last w/e. First time in years I've been back there and it was a blast. Groomed tracks and the trails were covered in frost and ice. It was so white we could have been in the snow. Cold weather (-4.5C) and chunks of ice still on my gear when I got home and unpacked. Dogs had a great time but OMG that red soil, I bet you dont miss that, what a mess.

Where is your survey? I only have 2 so far....including mine! Send it in, please.

Rob
    Paddles
    Paddles

Post by Paddles Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:40 am

I check the forum daily, and reply if anything seems appropriate, but there rarely seems to be any conversation on here... a post and a reply, yes, but not a conversation...

(I listened to you and have cut back milos food)

Heidi
    Snofall
    Snofall
    Admin

Post by Snofall Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 am

Training - in this rain??? Ick lol
    Busy making plans and getting gear ready for falls this weekend - what are you cooking me uncle wayne???
    Don't forget your boardies for the hot tub Wink

Plans for future sled dogs - you betcha!
    And oh my - added a new show dog to the mob on the weekend too...we are suckers!

So who else is looking forward to playing in the snow in the next couple of weeks? My sled runners are in getting waxed to go "real fast" and the snow gear has been pulled out!
    Schusski

Post by Schusski Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Rob I have filled out the survey and submitted it last week,must be lost in cyber space,hate to tell you but we have red soil down here as well ,they grow spuds in it here and I went training today between 8.30 and 1130 am nice and cool.
    Hows Milos diet going Heidi?
    Sophie the question is as a handler do you have all the necessary supplies ,chocky,schnaps for those who need it,lollies I think you get the idea,cu saturday make sure those runners are slick I want to see ben's face when they take of on the ice,only joshing ben,cu
    Snofall
    Snofall
    Admin

Post by Snofall Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:09 pm

What flavour schnapps do you require wayne? I will have it ready for you...start AND finish line hehe...
    Paddles
    Paddles

Post by Paddles Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi Wayne, Milo hates his diet, and is quite disgusted! he has retaliated by going bush several times a race... lol... he managed to come second in the mally cup race, by 4 seconds... we'd have won, but when we passed stewie, he stopped then went bush... lol... I'm going to have to do some serious groundwork with him before next year...

Heidi
    jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Hey Wayne, good to hear you're still out there causing grief. Heard that the old farts being kicking butt with his alaskans. They've really kicked Tonys butt into gear. Great to see. Just a shame he cant get up to Falls with his 200 foot trailer and yank tank!! And a shame to here the s's wont be at DP this year. Just wonder how his old sled might have coped going through there. Would have made for some real classic bloopers!!

No breeding from us. Two's enough!! Or were you talking dogs?! I'm, sadly, going to be down one dog real soon. My old faithful rescue, Kimba, got diagnosed with bone cancer two weeks ago. Like a stake to the heart that was. A real bitch. So, just the two kids now - and they arent enjoying their running at the mo, even at the new site I've found in the bush part way between Kinglake and Flowerdale. Thats life! Maybe I'll have to cross to the dark side some day, before I get too old! Or maybe just get the girls some dogs and get them to sit their old man in the basket.

Anyway, hows things with you and Di and the gang? Trust that everyone is fit and healthy.

Heidi, heard there was an "outsider" at the AMCV Cup races. Shame I wasnt there to see your furrkids. My bad news came just the day before the race, so the mind and the heart werent quite in the right place. Hope you enjoyed the weekend. And why didnt you beat Stu?

Take care all. Time for me to get some sleep. 16 hour day today, and I've gotta be up and at it in 5 hours, for another long one. Thank god for three weeks holidays soon. Some r & r at DP then work on the ponderosa!

Justin Celentane
    Snowpaw Alaskan Malamutes
    St Andrews Vic 3761

Paddles
    Paddles

Post by Paddles Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:31 am

Didn't beat stu, due to lack of training on my behalf with Milo... he wouldn't pass and keep going, went bush a few times to try to cut corners when he saw another dog further ahead (did cause stu to eat gravel one race :-( ...) I was nearly dieing cause I'm not fit enough for a 3.5 k race (never mind the dog) I'll blame the cancer for that) I only took milo, due to a error, it was deemed that I was only eligable to run one dog with the mally club, and I didnt' know that they ran a touring class. Second race, we chased stu all the way round (tried to go past a couple of times (thus the spill) but milo just stopped once he'd passed. so gave up and just followed him round, overtaking him in the last 1/2 k... on the last race, milo wouldn't pass, then went bush when I did get him past... so stu raced home to victory.... Stu obviously put more training into his dog... Next year however.... Twisted Evil
    Andrew Gersbach
    Andrew Gersbach

Post by Andrew Gersbach Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:09 pm

We are in an alcohol free Hotel room soph - just bring lollies
    Snofall
    Snofall
    Admin

Post by Snofall Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Now your just being funny Roo! Don't forget the champers...
    Plus the schnapps is for the carpark Wink
    Schusski

Post by Schusski Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi Justin,I think tony's old sled would have heart failure and fall apart,are you going to dp?Sorry to hear about your old girl,in the last month we have lost 3 two oldies -cancer and my 7month old pup complications from surgery,I know your pain.
    jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Yep, I'm going up to DP but wont be there for the race. Going up the weekend before for the Mally Club weekend and then coming off mountain on the Wednesday before the race. Thats about as long a leave pass as I could get from Mel and the bubs. I've then got an extra couple of weeks off to get the property back into some sort of reasonable shape - thats if the rain lets up and I can get in the paddocks - plus finish off some consulting work I've picked up.

Gee, you've copped it at both ends. A couple of oldies and a young one. Sorry to hear that Wayne, The situation with Kimba is a hard one to take - she was my first ever dog and came into my life when I was going through a divorce so she got me out and about and introduced me to the wonderful world of sleddogs and the great people involved. But there has to be a first with everything in life.

Anyway, you take care. Say g'day to Di & Jess and big hugs to all the crew. Good luck at Falls, and who knows I might see you at DP before I head home.

Justin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:03 pm