ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

5 posters

Flood assistance

Secretary

Flood assistance Empty Flood assistance

Post by Secretary Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:21 am

Hi everyone,

Our thoughts are with all those in the flood affected areas. Our Qld State Rep, Rob Clive, has been in touch with all Qld ASSA members and has advised that they are all accounted for and all dogs are OK at this stage. They are all cut off by floodwaters and movement is impossible, some have moved their dogs and equipment to the emergency evacuation points. Rob will continue to monitor the situation and keep us up to date.

However, it would seem that the crisis is far from over and our northern members will need our support not just now but into the future.

Therefore, to our Qld members, if there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to ask. When the clean up begins, we may need to foster dogs - if anyone is able to help out with temporary accomodation for dogs and people please let me know and I can coordinate. Any other assistance people can provide will be greatly welcomed - again let me know.

I can be contacted on 0401 353 401 or if you're having problems getting through please try Barry's mobile 0408 359 413.

Thank you to Rob for reaching out and thinking of others when he himself is under threat.

Please stay safe everyone, keep in touch, and take care.

On behalf of the ASSA National Council, we're all here to help.

Regards
    Kathy
    ASSA Secretary

Rob
    Rob

Flood assistance Empty Re: Flood assistance

Post by Rob Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi All,

On shift at present with LGA disaster management so when I finish at 0600hrs I will recontact our members and update.

Main concern was for Tamar who was stuck in Dalby floodwaters while her dogs were trapped in Withcott.
    I could not reach Withcott from Ipswich, due to obvious damage and road closures. Last I knew she had made it to Toowoomba but dont know if she can get down the range to be reunited with the dogs yet due to road closures, damage and ongoing search and rescue activities.

Will update in the morning.
    Cheers
    Rob
    jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 am

Rob and others. The Mally Club had word yesterday that Tamar, Todd and some others were fine. Yes, Tamar was seperated from her dogs but they were being taken care of.

Justin Celentane
    Snowpaw Alaskan Malamutes
    St Andrews Vic 3761
    jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:48 am

Just a follow up to my previous post, the following is the text of the message sent to the AMCV:

"Hi Guys,

We are ok, as are Nicole & Grace Hammond on the Gold Coast.
    Morgan Cochran in Toowoomba is ok too, albeit a bit wet. She spoke to Tamar & a few other QLD mushers yesterday and they are ok - Ryan Cooling, Darren Brown. Tamar and Ryan are stuck in Dalby currently, but their families and fur kids are safe.
    Not too sure about anyone else at this stage sorry.

Cheers, Todd"

Hope this assists.

Justin Celentane

jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 am

I have had word this morning that there has been severe flooding in the area of Beaufort where Barry & Kathy reside.

I have sent a text to Kathy but have not as yet received a reply. Has anyone heard anything? In that same region I believe are also the Greenaways and others.

Regards,

Justin Celentane
    jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 am

Just received a reply from Barry. Water is very high. They are presently evacuating and going to the Greenaways.

Regards, Justin Celentane
    jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53 am

Just received another sms from Barry. It reads "have got out just in time! Am in contact with Tony. All ok. Dogs with us, all think we are off to a race!"

Regards, Justin Celentane
    Rob
    Rob

Post by Rob Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 am

Hi All,

Tamar is reunited with her dogs in Withcott and is now tending her horses at Helidon. She said the devestation in Lockyer Valley is immense. Morgan and dogs are fine and now have access out the back of her property, again just fencing damage seems to be the common theme for us all. Darren Browne was ok when last I spoke to him but haven't heard back from him today.

Tables have now turned to Victoria and so thoughts are with you all down there. Last report said that Kyneton also was flooded so are the Bakers ok. Also Simon and Kylie? Take care all.

Regards
    Rob
    jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:42 am

Hi all,

Have just had word that Creswick is under water. Football ground has water about a metre or more deep.

Justin.
    jcsledda

Post by jcsledda Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:54 am

Have just received the following notification of a Mally owner in Ipswich that is in dire straits:

"Hi all

I received a phone call this morning to let me know that Tracy Goodwin of Katmai Alaskan Malamutes has lost everything in the floods in Ipswich. She is unsure at this stage if the insurance will pay. In the meantime there is immediate need for many things until this is sorted out. The first thing required is a heavy duty guerney which myself, my sister Aileen and Rodney Surawski will be buying today.

I will be setting up a fund raiser for her and her family and will provide bank details later today.

Please donate what money you can, even if it's only a small amount. Every little bit helps.

Thanks

Regards

Fionna Paton
    Wolfskye Alaskan Malamutes
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.wolfskye.com
    www.malamutethyroidreg.com
    0419 561009
    03 9402 6040"

If there is anyone in that region that may be able to offer assistance, please contact Fionna Paton on her numbers above.

Regards,

Justin Celentane
    Snowpaw Alaskan Malamutes
    St Andrews Vic 3761

idigadog
    idigadog
    Admin

Post by idigadog Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:48 am

I have just spoken to Kathy. They are currently waiting it out in a Bunnings’ carpark in Ballarat. The dogs are with them so all are safe. The roads to Tony have been cut off so there is no chance of them getting to the Greenway’s until the water subsides.

Please keep safe everyone and don’t leave it too late to evacuate.
    Schusski

Post by Schusski Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:30 pm

The bakers are ok just water logged yards and paddocks,we are on top pf the hills above Kyneton town centre.
    Thanks to all who called to check.
    Wayne
    idigadog
    idigadog
    Admin

Post by idigadog Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:39 am

I knew you were O.K. Uncle Wayne. I checked on you and a few others yesterday morning. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...........
    Rob
    Rob

Post by Rob Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi All,

1.Vic Floods: Hope all are safe down there and you have been able to return to your properties and dogs are ok. After what we have experienced it is tragic to see it being repeated in Vic, Tas and Nth NSW. Sharing the pain, anguish and frustrations you must be feeling.

2.Tracy Goodwin: For those asking, after a little difficulty I managed to track down Tracy this morning and spoke to her. She had a group of volunteers through the house yesterday and they managed to clean out the upper levels of the house. They were back there this morning cleaning out the lower levels, sheds, etc. The dogs are being cared for through the Dogs Queensland group. They are supporting many affected dog people throughout the region up here. She has my number should she require any further support and assistance in the coming weeks. Tracy has previously attended some dog sled events here in Qld. Tracys place backs onto Woogaroo Creek in the suburbs of Gailles and Goodna which is between Ipswich and Brisbane. Forget what you have seen on the TV about Brisbane. This place is a war zone and second only to the Lockyer Valley.

3. Work in Qld: If you are searching for work for a while, or even if you want to make a few dollars to support your race season this winter, then there are presently, and will be in the near future, many jobs going up here. There just arent enough cleaners and the employment agencies are desperate for them. Tradesmen will also be in high demand in the coming weeks and months. Builders, brickies, chippies, plasterers, painters, electricians, plumbers, landscapers, handymen, just about anyone with a practical skill will most definitely find employment here as the region rebuilds - and rebuild we will. Check the employment agency sites.

4. Support: There are many people offering their support for us from all over and we thank you sincerely. As well as the official govt. appeal, there are also many fund raising efforts and assistance being provided for individuals, groups, various organisations. Kylie Venardos txted me with something she is getting together down in Vic. Sorry I dont have the details but you should be able to track her down through the Vic Sibe and Sled Racing channels. There is also much assistance for peoples pets, wildlife carers and the RSPCA and local council animal shelters which were also hit hard. If you want to assist or support these areas please contact them directly as I dont have details. Thank you again to all throughout the country who have offered their support, it is desperately needed!!!

5 Enquiries: If you have any specific queries or concerns about peoples welfare up here please call and I will see what I can do. I wont promise anything but I may be able to source info when I return to ground zero [work] tomorrow.

All for now. Stay safe all
    Regards Rob
    0414 412126 or 0405 602187

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:43 am