ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

3 posters

Life after the season ends

Schusski

Life after the season ends Empty Life after the season ends

Post by Schusski Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi all I hope there are still some people out there in sleddog land ,I say this because no body is talking anymore have we all lost our toungues since the season finished ?Anyhow if nobody wants to talk have a quiet of season and we will catch up next season.

Wayne
    jcsledda

Life after the season ends Empty Re: Life after the season ends

Post by jcsledda Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:39 pm

G'day Wayne. I'd been kind of thinking the same thing - that everyone has gone into hibernation.

For some its been a full on year. For others, like me, the year has been dictated by things other than racing. Still waiting for the "litter" to come along. About 4 weeks to go - and then the madness will start. It'll all be okay on the night as they say - but its going to be a long night!!

Well, I did get one race in this year - the AMCV State Cup. And, with a bit of luck, well not really, we took out another State Cup this time in the two dog. I guess a ten minute win over three heats is a bit of luck?!

Missed my casual runs up in the high country though. Not through lack of snow, but more due to renovations to the house. Damn priorities have been skewed somewhat. Have to adjust that next year - somehow.

I see that Tony has been doing the pups proud at Canberra. Good to hear him re-invigorated, but also sad to see the end of an era with the Mals. Such is life I guess.

Well, all the best to you, to Di and Jess and all your furry gang. Stay well, stay safe, and stay mushing.

Justin Celentane
    Snowpaw Alaskan Malamutes
    St Andrews Vic 3761

Schusski

Post by Schusski Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:04 am

Same to you and your wife hope all goes well at the birth see you next season
    Paddles
    Paddles

Post by Paddles Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:41 pm

I was just saying how I hate that the season has finished, wish I could manage to arrange a camping weekend, I miss the camaderie of the camping weekends... ( I managed to harness up the dogs and go for a run.... but now my training grounds (I'm in Echuca) are underwater.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:33 am