ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

3 posters

Race Calendar

Darren
    Darren

Race Calendar Empty Race Calendar

Post by Darren Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi All

Can we look at getting some issues finalised/fixed, in relation to the 2010 Race Calendar. Things on my mind are:

1. Only allowing ASSA affiliated ROCs to have their races counted towards the National point score.
    2. The establishment of a race calendar where there are no conflicting races. An example in the past has been Wild Dog and Hunter Valley. (And whilst I am pushing the Wild Dog cause as the SA rep, there are several SA teams who love to go to Hunter Valley if it didn't conflict.)
    3. A determination on how many races count towards the national and state point scores.

I would like to suggest that we send corresepondence to the affiliated ROCs and ask for their preferred dates as to draft a calendar. But we should also indicate our intent to try and avoid conflicts between states and in doing so, we may ask them to consider reschulding some events.

Thoughts?

Darren
    Andrew Gersbach
    Andrew Gersbach

Race Calendar Empty Re: Race Calendar

Post by Andrew Gersbach Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:36 pm

1. Only allowing ASSA affiliated ROCs to have their races counted towards the National point score.
    I completely agree with this.

2. The establishment of a race calendar where there are no conflicting races. An example in the past has been Wild Dog and Hunter Valley. (And whilst I am pushing the Wild Dog cause as the SA rep, there are several SA teams who love to go to Hunter Valley if it didn't conflict.)
    I agree in principal to this as well - can be a bit hard to police however and we cant be seen as dictorial (persuasive yes)

3. A determination on how many races count towards the national and state point scores.
    Yes again - This needs to be raised at the committee meeting on 5/6 december.

I would like to suggest that we send corresepondence to the affiliated ROCs and ask for their preferred dates as to draft a calendar. But we should also indicate our intent to try and avoid conflicts between states and in doing so, we may ask them to consider reschulding some events.
    Good idea - careful wording required - let stick it in the agenda for the meeting
    Malusky
    Malusky

Post by Malusky Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:15 am

I completely agree with this.

Previously ASSA sent invitations for RGO's to participate. RGO's had top meet the qualifying criteria to be an accepted event.
    Do we have so many events in Australia that we are able to limit the NC to ASSA affiliated? ASSA members attend more events than ASSA affiliated events.
    Should we look at how events are affiliated so that more events would be included if this is the direction we are heading?

I agree in principal to this as well - can be a bit hard to police however and we cant be seen as dictorial (persuasive yes)
    Hunter Valley Sled Dog Sprint is on the weekend after Wild Dog this year again.

Yes again - This needs to be raised at the committee meeting on 5/6 december.
    If an event meets any criteria/standard set, how would we disclude their event?

Have any of these issues been addressed? Are we to send invitations to RGO's for inclusion in the ASSA National/State Championships?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:30 pm