ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

3 posters

Building kennels

WA_sleddogs
    WA_sleddogs

Building kennels Empty Building kennels

Post by WA_sleddogs Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:47 am

We are looking at building kennels on property and would love ideas or any do's and dont's people have encountered when building kennels. Pics would be fantastic!!!!
    Snofall
    Snofall
    Admin

Building kennels Empty Re: Building kennels

Post by Snofall Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:18 am

If possible build them across the length of the house. The dogs will exercise themselves more if they longest side is facing the house. It's a well known fact siberians are sticky beaks and love to look at whats going on with the rest of the pack! If you have the long side of the run facing the house they will move up and down while still being able to see you.
    idigadog
    idigadog
    Admin

Post by idigadog Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 am

Hey Kim,

Have a look at our kennels on our website. They work for us and I'm really glad I pushed to have them built this way.

http://www.idigadog.com.au/kennels.htm
    WA_sleddogs
    WA_sleddogs

Post by WA_sleddogs Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 am

Snofall wrote:If possible build them across the length of the house. The dogs will exercise themselves more if they longest side is facing the house. It's a well known fact siberians are sticky beaks and love to look at whats going on with the rest of the pack! If you have the long side of the run facing the house they will move up and down while still being able to see you.

This is a great idea!!! We are also looking at extra windows so they can keep an eye on whats happening inside when they are out and outside when they are in!!!!
    WA_sleddogs
    WA_sleddogs

Post by WA_sleddogs Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 am

idigadog wrote:Hey Kim,

Have a look at our kennels on our website. They work for us and I'm really glad I pushed to have them built this way.

http://www.idigadog.com.au/kennels.htm

Thanks for the link, has given us good ideas as its a bit of a task wanting to fence acreage!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 pm