ASSA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASSA Forum

4 posters

Canberra Sled Dog Classic and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition

Andrew Gersbach
    Andrew Gersbach

Canberra Sled Dog Classic and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition  Empty Canberra Sled Dog Classic and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition

Post by Andrew Gersbach Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 pm

The Canberra Sled Dog Club and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition is pleased to announce the format for the forthcoming CSDC Classic.

This year we will be running the following classes:

Saturday Morning and Sunday Morning 7am Start
    4-Dog Class World Cup Event 2 x heats
    3-Dog Class non World Cup Event 2 x heats
    2-Dog Class World Cup Event 2 x heats
    1-Dog Class World Cup Event 2 x heats
    2-Dog Touring/Veteran 2 x heats
    1-Dog Touring/Veteran/Junior 2 x heats
    Pee-Wee Saturday only

### Saturday Night ### The ADVANCE Adventure ###
    6 Dog Class World Cup Event
    This event will be held on Saturday evening starting at approximately 6:00pm. There will be 2 x 9km heats (this is under IFSS world cup guidelines) with a 3 hour layover at a site away from the main camp. This is an assisted checkpoint with 1 handler per team. Food will be provided for mushers at the layover. Drop bags will be taken out to the layover site on Saturday afternoon where you can set up for arrival accordingly.

This is the first foray back into distance racing for a number of years and an excellent way to get back to enjoy the run, the time with your dogs and the stories around the camp fire.

If you wish to run 8 dogs in this event please contact me directly.

In lieu of our usual Saturday night banquet, we will now be holding the raffle/auction around 4pm to cater for the distance mushers. The CSDC will provide pizza and desserts so mushers can share an early dinner together before the 6 dog teams depart.

If you would like more information about this please contact me ASAP on 0414 690 204.

Cheers,

Andrew
    idigadog
    idigadog
    Admin

Canberra Sled Dog Classic and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition  Empty 2010 CSDC Classic Entry Form

Post by idigadog Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Entry forms are now available by clicking here http://www.canberrasleddogclub.com.au/2010_CSDC_Race_info_and_entry_form.pdf
    Schusski

Canberra Sled Dog Classic and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition  Empty Re: Canberra Sled Dog Classic and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition

Post by Schusski Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi Andrew,If you need a hand set the tracks or anything else we will be at Canberra probaly wednesday let me know if you do ,by phone or email.

Wayne
    Andrew Gersbach
    Andrew Gersbach

Canberra Sled Dog Classic and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition  Empty Re: Canberra Sled Dog Classic and ADVANCE Pet Nutrition

Post by Andrew Gersbach Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:23 am

Thanks Uncle Wayne - you may be used heavily!
    Schusski

Post by Schusski Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:14 pm

No worries let me know if you want me to try and get some stuff.
    idigadog
    idigadog
    Admin

Post by idigadog Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:36 pm

What kind of 'stuff' do you mean Uncle Wayne? The good stuff bounce
    Schusski

Post by Schusski Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Racing stuff bunting I may be able to get some from the huskie club or goldseekers if I ask nicely.Hey boss if the 6&8 doggers are going to be back lateish are you going to have them park seperately from the rest so we don't wake them or just leave it as normal so we can wake them?Jess and I will be doing the night run do we still have to have a handler at the stop over or can we help each other.
    ACT Rep
    ACT Rep

Post by ACT Rep Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks to everyone who came along to the Canberra race. We had a terrific time and hope you did too. Interested to hear if you liked the new format with the Advance Adventure race on Saturday night, sorry about the hill. CSDC were thrilled with the turnout. Big thanks to all those that travelled the distance to make it such a good race and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
    Schusski

Post by Schusski Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:44 pm

Well done canberra team once again,loved the format ,bring next season.
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm